10 Modules – £29
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
This course covers what you need to know about the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH). It’s aimed at anyone who is exposed to Substances Hazardous to Health at work, as well as line managers with responsibility for such people.
So what do we mean by ‘Substances Hazardous to Health’?
In legal terms, these are substances that are classified as “very toxic, toxic, harmful, corrosive or Irritant” under the Classification, Labelling and Packaging Regulation (CLP). This was a new regulation that came into force in January 2009 dovetailing with a set of regulations called REACH. REACH is a European Union regulation concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals, which came into force on 1st June 2007. One of the main aims of REACH is to provide a high level of protection for human health and the environment from the use of chemicals.
Course Modules and % Pass required
- 1. Introducing COSHH 70% 70%
- 2. Different Types of Hazard 70% 70%
- 3. Different Types of Exposure 70% 70%
- 4. Regulations and Approved Labelling 70% 70%
- 5. Assessing COSHH Risks 70% 70%
- 6. The Risk Assessment in Practice 70% 70%
- 7. Exposure Control 70% 70%
- 8. Staying in Control 70% 70%
- 9. Training and Emergency Planning 70% 70%
- 10. Course Summary 70% 70%
Recommended System Requirements:
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
125 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).